With the Box for Microsoft Teams integration, you can use the content you have in Box through the familiar interface of Microsoft Teams. Share and access content stored in Box directly from within Microsoft Teams – without flipping back and forth between programs. This saves you time, streamlines administration, and facilitates team collaboration. Perhaps more importantly for your enterprise, it enables Box to be your full content layer when using Microsoft Teams.
This integration is a significant enhancement when compared to an earlier, more limited integration between Box and Microsoft Teams. Learn more about the difference between the two versions.
Content doesn’t have to originate in Box to be shared via this integration. For example, files on your local machine are automatically uploaded into a secure Box folder when you share them via Teams. They are not sent to native content stores such as OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Easily share Box content to Channels and chats, or upload local files to a Channel or chat and its associated Box folder
- View full previews and access editing capabilities of shared Box files
- Get a consolidated view of all Box content associated with a Channel
- Preview and share content from within the Teams iOS and Android apps
- Give Channel and chat members the ability to preview, access, and share files
Box for Teams works with both the desktop and Web Teams clients, as well as the Teams mobile app for both iOS and Android.
Box for Teams supports the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge