With the Box for Microsoft Teams integration, you can use the content you have in Box through the familiar interface of Microsoft Teams. Share and access content stored in Box directly from within Microsoft Teams – without flipping back and forth between programs. This saves you time, streamlines administration, and facilitates team collaboration. More importantly for your enterprise, it enables Box to be your full content layer when using Microsoft Teams.
For a Box-only content experience within Teams, turn off key content entry points into OneDrive and SharePoint as an O365 administrator. The setting ensures your end users fully adopt Box for content management with Teams and keeps content in the right place.
This integration is a significant enhancement when compared to an earlier, more limited integration between Box and Microsoft Teams. Learn more about the difference between the two versions.
Content doesn’t have to originate in Box to be shared via this integration. For example, files on your local machine are automatically uploaded into a secure Box folder when you share them via Teams. They are not sent to native content stores such as OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Easily share Box content to Channels and chats, or upload local files to a Channel or chat and its associated Box folder
- View full previews and access editing capabilities of shared Box files
- Get a consolidated view of all Box content associated with a Channel
- Preview and share content from within the Teams iOS and Android apps
- Give Channel and chat members the ability to preview, access, and share files
- Remove access to native OneDrive and SharePoint entry points (e.g., paperclip for uploading content, native Files tab)
Box for Teams works with both the desktop and Web Teams clients, as well as the Teams mobile app for both iOS and Android.
Box for Teams supports the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
Comparing the First and Second Versions of Box for Teams
Logging in to Box for Teams for the First Time
Assigning a Default Box Folder to a Teams Channel
Deploying Box for Teams in your Enterprise
Removal of OneDrive and Sharepoint Entry Points
Understanding how Content and Thumbnail Permissions Control Display
Box for Microsoft Teams - Earlier Version