How do I download all the files from a search result
I am searching for files spread through multiple folders and I want to download all the files that are the result of the search. The only way I've found is to keep scrolling down — again and again — until all the files are displayed, then select all and download.
But, there are a lot of resulting files and the scrolling is going on forever.
Is there a way to just have Box download all the files that fit a search?
Welcome to the Box Community!
Unfortunately, there is no way to download at once all the files that shows in your search in Box.
If this is something you would like to be able to do, I would highly recommend submitting this feature request at pulse.box.com! Our product managers review these requests and take them into consideration for future product development.
Thanks for your participation in the Community!
If possible or if it would be faster please incorporate this feature into the reports feature. I desperately need a report that lists all the locations a files and folders are with a specific name or parts of that name. There doesn't seem to be a straight forward way to do this without running an organization wide report and porting the CSV into a spreadsheet and then filtering on what you are looking for and then etc, etc,...
I found an interim solution:
1) Create an empty collection that represents the name of what you're planning to search for and download
2) In the search bar at top, enter your search (+ criteria if needed) and pull up the results.
3) CTRL + Click the first file that appears. Scroll to the bottom of your search and SHIFT + Click the last file. All files should be highlighted now.
4) Right click and add the files to the collection that you created.
5) Go to the collection that you created and download it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.