Last Update: August 07, 2018
Welcome and thank you for using the Box Service!
These are the Terms of Service for the Box Community. If you use the Box Community, you're agreeing to follow these rules. If you don't agree to these terms, please don't use the Box Community.
The Box Community is a place for anyone bringing Box to their teams, organizations or extended enterprises to learn about Box through shared interactions while transforming how they work via cloud content management.
We expect everyone to observe the Box Community rules of conduct set forth in these Terms of Service.
The following rules apply to anyone using the Box Community.
A Box Community user should never post or allow anyone to post under their account:
- Content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or fraudulent.
- Content that discloses private or personal matters about another person. This includes language, information, or images.
- Content that is threatening or defamatory towards Box Community users or towards a Box moderator or employee.
- "Rants," "slams," or legal threats against Box or another company or competitor.
- Any content that is intended to impersonate another individual.
- Any content that is posted in exchange for payment or other consideration from another person or entity.
- Bigoted or racially offensive comments.
- Political or religious statements or commentary.
- Off-topic comments.
- Any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (think copyright, trade secret, or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (like nondisclosure agreements for example).
- Any content or messages sent from Box to you or another individual or company. This includes any emails or texts from Box and any information in the Box Service.
- Advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters, pyramid schemes, class action suits, or charitable appeals.
- Any file or link to a file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
- Duplicate posts, spam messages, or posts repeated excessively on one or more boards.
- Personal phone numbers or addresses (to protect privacy).
- Personal email addresses, private information such as social security numbers, or other contact information that is not your own. This includes a Box employee's email address.
- Hyperlinks that lead to anything that violates any of these guidelines.
- Content or activity that interferes with the operations in the community site or with a fellow user's message box. This includes mail or "post" bombing, news bombing (or other flooding techniques), deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking. This also includes "post" bumping or posting comments that are intended to raise the visibility of a post rather than add substantive value.
If you see anyone breaking these rules, please let us know by either using the "Report Inappropriate Content" feature in the Options menu of the message or by contacting us directly at: email@example.com. Box reserves the right to investigate any violation of these Terms of Service and to take appropriate remedial action. So please follow the rules! Otherwise, Box may, in its sole discretion, suspend, restrict, or terminate your ability to use or participate in the Box Community and its associated pages.
Box reserves the right to modify or delete anything posted in the Box Community in its sole discretion.
If you believe that work belonging to you has been copied onto the Box Community without your permission, please notify us at: http://sites.box.com/help/dmca/
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Any Box logo or mark used in the Box Community is owned by Box and may not be used in any manner without our express prior written consent.
USER PROFILE INFORMATION
In consideration of your use of the Box Community, you agree that all information provided in your profile is accurate, true, current, and complete. Box may restrict your use of the Box Community if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, false, out of date, or incomplete.
FEEDBACK AND SUBMISSIONS
By submitting content, comments or suggestions to the Box Community, you agree that:
- You will only submit content that you have the right and authority to share and for which you have the right and authority to grant to Box all of the licenses and rights set forth herein.
- Your disclosure is free, unsolicited and without restriction.
- It will not place Box under any fiduciary or other obligation.
- Box is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone and use the ideas without any additional compensation owed to you.
- You warrant that your submissions and their contents are your own and do not, in any manner, infringe or otherwise violate a third party's intellectual property or rights, and all so-called moral rights in your submission have been waived to the full extent allowed by law.
- (1) your submissions and their contents along with related intellectual property rights automatically becomes the property of Box, without any compensation to you; (2) Box may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way on an unrestricted basis; (3) there is no obligation for Box to review the submissions; and (4) there is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.
MEMBER GENERATED CONTENT
The content found in the Box Community comes from a variety of sources, primarily from community members. Box makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material submitted or found in the discussion areas
Box is not liable for any website links posted within the discussion areas; website links posted in the discussion areas may link to sites not administered or under the control of Box and users must open such links at their own risk. Box is not liable for any errors or delays in the content or transmission of postings on the site. Remember that you are responsible for your own decisions to act upon the information provided by community members. Box makes no guaranty of the confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the site, or any web-site linked to the site, or otherwise in connection with the services and Box will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses, registration and identification information, confidential or trade-secret information. ANY USE OF THE BOX COMMUNITY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. BOX DISCLAIMS THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, USEFULNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, QUALITY OR ORIGINALITY OF ANY CONTENT. CONTENT POSTED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN BOX IN THE BOX COMMUNITY IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORIGINATOR OF THAT CONTENT. BOX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER OR NOT BOX REVIEWED OR MODERATED SUCH CONTENT. CONTENT POSTED BY BOX IN THE BOX COMMUNITY IS NOT PART OF ANY USER GUIDE OR LEGAL AGREEMENT.
If your user identification or password(s) is compromised, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security, you are responsible for promptly notifying us. You can notify us by submitting a Box Support case at https://support.box.com
The primary language of the Box Community is English, though we will explore and develop foreign language Communities when the demand is there and when Box can staff those Communities accordingly.
Box reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time, effective upon posting of the modified guidelines on the community site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The service is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied. You expressly agree that the use of the service is at your sole risk. Box does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does Box make any warranty as to any results that may be obtained by use of the service. Box makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in relation to the service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall Box be liable to you or any other person for:
- any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or relating to this agreement, or the use of the box community or site, OR
- any loss of use, data, business, or profits, regardless of legal theory.
Your sole and exclusive remedy hereunder shall be for you to discontinue your use of the box community and terminate this agreement.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Box, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any action, cause, claim, damage, debt, demand or liability, including reasonable costs and attorney's fees, asserted by any person, arising out of or relating to: (a) this Agreement; (b) your use of the Box Community, including any data or work transmitted or received by you; and (c) any content you submit to or post in the Box Community and your activity in the Box Community.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
These Terms of Service constitute a binding agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service may result in account revocation and other legal action. These Terms of Service, Box Community User Guidelines, and related documents set forth herein constitute the entire agreement between you and Box and govern your use of the Box Community superseding any prior agreements between you and Box. The laws of the State of California, U.S.A., shall govern these Terms of Service and the relationship between you and Box, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and Box agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of San Mateo, California, U.S.A.
Please sign in to leave a comment.