There are a few limitations for multiple files in one signature request. Consult the list below before sending your first signature request.
- Shield restrictions. If your files have more than one restriction, the most restrictive policy is used.
- For example: your Box file has print&download restriction, while your destination folder has a No Box Sign restriction. You won't be able to upload a local file, as the No Box Sign and Watermarking policies don't allow for use of Box Sign for local files.
- A file must remain in the request. You can’t delete a file if it’s the only file in the request. To delete the file, you will need to upload another file to the request.
- No local files for replace. You can't replace documents with a local file. To use the file, upload it to Box first.
- Template sharing. To share a signature request with multiple files as a template, you need to share all files in the package first. To use the template, a user needs to have at least Viewer permissions. If they need to rename or delete files, you should grant them Editor access. For more information on permissions, see Understanding Collaborator Permission Levels.
- Box Sign Report and User Activity are currently not supported. Events will be stored and backfilled. You can pull events from Streaming API with stream_type: admin_log.
- Lock on fields, but not files. If you replace a document with fewer pages, the fields are automatically placed on the last page. If that's the case, you need to move the fields to their correct place. If you locked the fields, the template user can’t move or add new fields to any newly added or replaced files.
To work with the signature requests quickly and smoothly, especially for the mobile users, we recommend to keep the total size of all files less than 25 MB.