Before an information barrier can be enabled for the first time, a collaboration impact report that identifies any collaborations that will be removed must be run. This is part of the enablement process.
If there is an existing information barrier in any state, enabled or disabled, that has had a collaboration report run previously for the information barrier, the report does not have to be run again to enable that information barrier. However, if you have edited the information barrier, running a new collaboration impact report is recommended to review any collaboration changes.
- Go to Admin Console > Shield.
- Click the Information Barrier tab.
- Click Run Collaboration Report. This report could take up to 2 hours to run and the information barrier cannot be enabled until the report is complete. You will receive an email notification when the report is complete.
- When you receive the notification that the collaboration impact report is complete, go to the Reports folder to review the report and identify the collaborations that will be removed. You may want to communicate to content owners about the collaboration removal.
- Click Enable.
- In the Enable Information Barrier confirmation dialog box, select the I acknowledge that some user collaborations specified in the report will be permanently removed check box, and then click Enable.
The information barrier status will show Pending while it removes any violating collaborations, and then will change to Enabled. See Information Barrier Statuses for details.