Because you do not want any ethical walls that exist in your current information barrier to not be enforced when making changes to an information barrier and because the enablement of an information barrier after any changes may take some time to remove any violating collaborations, editing an existing enabled information barriers involves making a copy of the existing configuration. You will edit that copy and then enable the copy.
- Go to Admin Console > Shield.
- Click the Information Barrier tab.
- In the enabled information barrier, click Edit.
- In the Editing requires a draft dialog box, click Continue. A duplicate information barrier with the status of Draft is created.
- In the draft information barrier, click Edit.
- Make any desired changes, including adding, editing, or deleting user segments or configuring permissions between segments.
- Click Save.
Once you have finished editing the draft, you can enable it. Once it is fully enabled, the existing enabled information barrier will become disabled.