Editing the user segment in an information barrier means adding or deleting users from the segment, and you do that by re-uploading a user CSV (comma-separated values) file. If you still have the file that you uploaded to create the user segment initially, you can edit that file before you begin and have it ready at the appropriate step.
This process replaces the users currently in the user segment, but because the best practice is to start with the list of users existing in the segment, the net result will be to add users to the segment that you add to the list, remove users from the segment that you delete from the list, and leave users in the segment that have not been added or deleted from the list.
- Go to Admin Console > Shield.
- Click the Information Barrier tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add/Remove/Edit Users () next to the number of users in a segment.
- Click Select File to select and upload a list of users from a CSV (comma-separated values) file. You can also click the Download CSV of existing users link and edit that file. (Recommended if you have not prepared a file previously.) If you do not have a file with a list of users ready, click Download blank, pre-formatted CSV template and add users to that file. As the file is being uploaded, it is being checked for conflicts with any other segments. (Segments cannot contain users who exists in other segments.)
- Select the CSV file from your file system and click Open.
- Review the results of the conflict check. If there are no conflicts, or if you are satisfied with the conflict resolution, click Save. Otherwise, click Start Over to upload a new list of users.