Draw free-form content to your Canvas on your desktop. Create process flows or architecture diagrams using the shapes tool to easily map out processes and systems at scale. Create more efficient and effective wireframes and mockups with icons.
To add a drawing to your Canvas:
- Click the pen icon in the Canvas toolbar.
- Choose the desired setting from the following options:
- Pen color,
- Pen size,
- Pen tool,
- Eraser tool,
The default color of a pen drawing is black, and the default size of the pen is medium.
To erase your drawing, open the Eraser tool, click, hold, and slide it over your drawing.
To add a shape to your Canvas:
- Click the shapes icon in the Canvas toolbar. A context menu with different shapes appears.
- Choose a shape.
- Click anywhere on Canvas. Box places the shape where you clicked. If you didn't select a specific shape, the default shape is placed on Canvas.
When you select a shape, your cursor will change into the selected shape.
The default shape is a square with a black outline and white fill.
Double click inside your shape to add text to it.
To further edit a shape you placed, click on it. A context bar appears where you can choose the following:
- color of the outline and fill for the shape,
- text options:
- highlight color,
- font size,
- font alignment,
- more options:
- send to front,
- send to back,
To add an icon to your Canvas:
- Click the shapes icon in your toolbar.
- Click View All to open a scrollable gallery of shapes and icons in a side panel.
- Select the icon you want to use. When you select an icon, it will appear next to your cursor.
- Click anywhere on Canvas. Box places the icon where you clicked.
You can browse the whole icons gallery by scrolling through it, or you can search a specific icon(s) by using the search bar in the icons gallery.
If no icons are found in the gallery, you can see a message that your search was not successful. To clear the entered search terms, click on the X button in the search bar.
A context bar appears when you place the icon on Canvas. Here you can:
- change the icon’s color,
- copy the icon,
- send the icon to front,
- send the icon to back,
- delete the icon.
To change the icon’s size once you place it on your Canvas, drag its corner.
Example icons are a house, a calendar, a smiling face emoji.