What are the known limitations?
- The new Box for Outlook integration works only for Office365 customers.
- The integration cannot detect when you are dragging and dropping a file from your local device into an email. To attach a file, you must double-click to select it.
- The integration does not store the location(s) where you last saved attachments. This was also a limitation of the prior Box/Outlook integration.
- There is no preview support for *.eml (even though Outlook emails are saved as *.eml). To preview an .eml file:
- Locate the file in Box and click Open. This opens the .eml in your default mail client (such as Outlook, Apple mail client, and so on).
- On mobile platforms you can use either your browser or email client
- The new Box for Outlook integration is not supported with on-premises implementations of Exchange.
I deployed the add-in successfully but my users aren’t seeing it.
It can take up to 24 hours for users to be able to see the add-in. If after 24 hours the add-in still does not seem to be available, please contact Box support.
What if I get an "unable to reach Box" error message?
If you are using Outlook on a PC, and you're using Internet Explorer, the system could display the following error message:
Sorry, we were unable to reach Box. Check that you have a network connection. If the problem persists, please try later.
In this case, open the Internet Explorer Properties window, click the Security tab, and check Enable Protected Mode.
What if I keep getting logged of from the add-in on my Outlook Windows app?
Delete your browser history. To do this:
- Go to Internet Options and click the General tab.
- Disable Delete Browser History on Exit.
- Click OK.