Box measures bandwidth usage based on downloads from open access shared links. All downloads from any public shared link count towards the bandwidth limit. Depending on the size of the files being shared and the frequency of downloads, you can reach this limit quite quickly based on the file format (GIF, FLV, MP3, and so forth).
Download Bandwidth for Shared Links
The following limitations apply:
- Individual free account: 10 GB per month
- Personal Pro and Box Business Accounts: 2 TB per month, per user
Files uploaded and downloaded
The following limitations apply to the user who uploads and/or downloads the file:
- 1TB per user per month for all plans
The following downloads do not count towards an account's bandwidth limit:
- Downloads from within an account by the content owner
- Downloads by collaborators while logged in to their account
Please refer to the Box Fair Use Policy for more information about bandwidth and other limitations.
When is this bandwidth limit reset?
The Box bandwidth limit resets on the first day of each month.
What happens when I reach the bandwidth limit?
Shared link recipients are unable to download the file. The download initiates, but does not complete.