In February 2019, we will be publishing a change to our public Box API that will break certain older versions of the Box for Salesforce managed package.
Due to the critical nature of this patch, customers on Box for Salesforce versions V3.0 to V3.53 must manually upgrade to the latest version of the integration (V3.54) by February 15, 2019 to avoid disruption of service.
What do I need to do?
Your Salesforce admin will need to upgrade your managed package to the latest available version (V3.54) to avoid service disruption. Based on your version, the upgrade instructions are below:
- If you are on versions V3.0 to V3.47.3, you must do an incremental upgrade to V3.47.4 before fully upgrading to V3.54:
- If you are on versions V3.47.4 to V3.53, you will need to manually upgrade to V3.54.
Special Handling for Custom Objects
If you are upgrading from versions V3.49.16 and below and have implemented custom code to support Box in custom objects, the upgrade to V3.54 will require updates to that custom code to support new UI functionality. Without these custom code updates, the Box Embed Widget will appear very condensed on screen, preventing users from accessing any functionality on custom objects.
To resolve this issue, your Salesforce admin must update the Visualforce code for the Box Embed Widget so that it matches the code in our documentation found here. The below screencasts demonstrate going through these instructions for either Salesforce Lightning or Salesforce Classic.
- Embedding Box Custom Object Records using Visual Force pages:
- Salesforce Lighting: https://app.box.com/s/r6xx8wsvsxqd6npy5v0fq8jc05azrttr
- Salesforce Classic: https://app.box.com/s/1msllhhjflbae9b98jg8nchv17cjeak1
If you have any questions or unexpected issues arising from this update, please contact Box Support.