We just launched updates to the way our Developer Console looks and how new apps are created. This change will make it easier to understand the differences between the types of apps we offer and faster to set up the app itself.
Here are the changes in more detail:
- Adding new styles and horizontal navigation in the Developer Console
- Removing the "Enterprise Integration" and "Partner Integration" app type options (recommend using Custom App type now)
- Introducing the Limited Access app type, best for integrations that want to leverage Box View, embed Box preview, or use app token authentication
- Combining the authentication selection and the name your app steps into one step
- Removing the "App has been created" screen and replacing it with a success banner on the Configuration page
The purpose of app types is to help select default configuration settings based on what type of app the Developer wants to create. The new changes will provide better access to documentation and more information into what the app type can/can't do. The change in app types presented in the app creation flow, will have no impact on existing apps or what existing apps can access.