Upon attempting a login to Box Sync, you may see the error below:
Windows or Mac OS machines with Box Sync installed.
If you are an end user experiencing this problem, you will need to reach out to your Box Administration team. Here is what they will need to do:
- Check to see if Box Sync is enabled for the Enterprise
- Go to Admin Console.
- Go to Enterprise Settings.
- Go to the User Settings tab.
- Check to see if the Enable Box Sync button is unchecked.
- Check to see if Box Sync is disabled for this specific user account:
- Go to the Box Admin Console.
- Go to the Users & Groups tab.
- Click on the user's account who is receiving the error.
- Then check to see if the following setting is disabled.
Some Box admins prefer to limit the use of Box Sync for all or certain users. Admins can mass disable Box Sync for all users or a specific user, but they would need to allow Box Sync as the request comes up.