When attempting to log in to Box Sync, you may encounter the following error message:
This error message generally appears when Box Sync is unable to reach the login page due to cached information in the default browser of your machine.
The default browser for Windows is Internet Explorer. To reset Internet Explorer settings:
- Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Reopen Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. ...
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
- Please restart your PC for the changes to take effect and attempt logging in to Sync again
The default browser for Mac is Safari. Here are the steps on resetting Safari:
- Click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences.
- Enable "Show Develop menu in menu bar".
- Click on the Develop tab.
- Select "Empty Caches".
- Restart Safari.
If these steps don't work, open a case with our User Services team who will help you troubleshoot the problem further.