When you submit a support request to Box, you may be asked to submit a set of Sync logs from your machine.
To send Sync 4.0 logs to Box Support for debugging, go to the Help tab of your Sync Preferences window and select Submit Logs.
After submitting a log, a window will pop-up indicating a successful submission.
You can also collect the logs manually by going to the folder paths below, zipping up the contents of the folders, and attaching them to your support case with Box User Services.
If you do not have a support case open with Box User Services, please open one here.
- Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Logs/Box/Box Sync
- Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Box/Box Sync
***Note: Library is hidden by default on a Mac. You can navigate to the "Library" directory by opening a Finder window > Click on Go (on the top left of your screen) > "Go to Folder..." > entering the path "~/Library" into the "Go to Folder..." field.
- C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Box Sync
- Note that "AppData" is hidden by default. You may need to reveal hidden folders to access this path.
- Enter "%localappdata%\Box Sync\" into the Start menu search field to navigate directly to the folder