Box Sync is a productivity tool that enables you to mirror data stored on Box to your desktop. You can then navigate and modify content stored on the Box website through your computer’s native file browsing interface, without using a web browser. Content that syncs down to your computer is available for offline access, and if you make changes to the synced files locally, these changes automatically sync back up to your Box account.
Box Sync system requirements for Macs
- Supported OS version
- HFS+ or APFS formatted hard drive.
Mac install steps
- Download the Box Sync Installer DMG file.
- Open the DMG file when the download is complete.
- Drag the Box Sync app icon into your Applications folder.
- Double-click on Box Sync in your Applications folder.
Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of your Finder window.
Box Sync system requirements for Windows
Internet Explorer 11
Microsoft ended support for .NET framework 4.0, 4.5 and 4.5.1 on Jan 12 2016. We encourage customers to upgrade to the latest version of .NET in order to continue receiving technical support.
After January 14, 2020, . For organizations on Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise that are unable to upgrade to Windows 10 in time, an is available. The Extended Security Updates (ESU) include security updates for critical and important issues as defined by the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) for a maximum of three years after January 14, 2020.
Box will continue to support Box Sync on only the latest Windows 7 (Professional & Enterprise) Extended Support Updates.
Windows install steps
- Download the Box Sync Setup EXE file.
- Open the EXE file from where the file was downloaded to Windows, and follow the installation instructions.
- Box Sync starts automatically when the installation completes.
Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of Windows Explorer. Alternately, right-click the Box Sync icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of your screen - near the clock) and click Open Sync Folder.