Box Sync is a productivity tool that enables you to mirror data stored on Box to your desktop. You can then navigate and modify content stored on the Box website through your computer’s native file browsing interface, without using a web browser. Content that syncs down to your computer is available for offline access, and if you make changes to the synced files locally, these changes automatically sync back up to your Box account.
Box Sync system requirements for macOS
- Supported OS versions
- HFS+ or APFS formatted hard drive.
macOS install steps
- Download the Box Sync Installer DMG file.
- Open the DMG file when the download is complete.
- Drag the Box Sync app icon into your Applications folder.
- Double-click on Box Sync in your Applications folder.
Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of your Finder window.
Box Sync system requirements for Windows
Windows install steps
- Download the Box Sync Setup .MSI file.
- Open the .MSI file when the download is complete and follow the installation instructions.
- Box Sync starts automatically when the installation completes.
Your synced files are stored in a new folder called Box Sync. You can access this folder from the Favorites section in the left pane of Windows Explorer. Alternately, right-click the Box Sync icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of your screen - near the clock) and click Open Sync Folder.
Changing the location of the Box Sync folder
See: Modifying the Location of the Box Sync Folder