Box gives Admins the ability to report on custom URLs that are active in their account. Use these reports to find all of the links attached to content in your account and to find changes to the access level on those links.
Reporting on All Custom URLs
As a Box Admin, you can run a report in the Admin Console to generate a list of all Custom URLs attached to content in your organization's Box account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- In your Admin Console, run a Shared Link report. This generates a .xlsx file to your Box Reports
- Open the file in Office Online or on your desktop.
- Select all columns and filter Shared Link Status for "Open" (these are publicly shared links) and Custom URL for non-blanks values (if blank, there is no Custom URL).
- Review the results in the Custom URL column and validate that they are intended to be public.
If running this report fails, please contact your Customer Success Manger or Product Support to assist you further.
Reporting on Changes to Custom URLs
To report on changes to access levels on Custom URLs:
- In the Admin Console, navigate to the Reports > Create Report > User Activity
- In the "Shared Links" section under User Activity, select all of the Shared Links options
- Apply the date range for the last week
Once you run this report, you can see which links have been updated in an export. As needed, you can update the accessibility on a per link basis.