Box gives Admins the ability to report on custom URLs that are active in their account. Use these reports to find all of the links attached to content in your account and to find changes to the access level on those links.
Reporting on All Custom URLs
- In your Admin Console, run a . This generates a .xlsx file to your Box Reports folder.
- Open the file in Office Online or on your desktop.
- Select all columns and filter Shared Link Status for "Open" (these are publicly shared links) and Custom URL for non-blanks values (if blank, there is no Custom URL).
- Review the results in the Custom URL column and validate that they are intended to be public.
Reporting on Changes to Custom URLs
To report on changes to access levels on Custom URLs:
- In the Admin Console, navigate to the Reporting section and select User Report
- In the "Shared Links" section under User Activity, select all of the Shared Links options
- Apply the date range for the last week
Once you run this report, you can see which links have been updated in an export. As needed, you can update the accessibility on a per link basis.