Box provides administrators both in-depth reporting and visual dashboard tools that contain information and insights into their organization's use of Box. Reporting and Insights require a Business plan or greater.
With reports, administrators can get detailed data about more than a dozen different subjects and product areas. Administrators can also configure the data that is output to many reports and schedule several reports to run on a schedule that best serves their information needs.
Insights gives administrators at-a-glance views of useful Box usage data in configurable dashboards. The Admin dashboard shows information about user activity, storage, shared links, and more. The Platform dashboard shows information about developer activity, including most-used third-party apps, API calls, and more.
Configuring an Insights Dashboard
You can configure the layout of an Insights dashboard and which tiles appear in it. (Tiles with charts and graphs can also be configured individually. See Admin Insights Data Tiles and Platform Insights Data Tiles for details.)
- Go to Admin Console > Insights.
- Click a dashboard tab.
- Click Settings ().
- Configure the dashboard the way you want it:
- In the Layout section, select either Default (default), which is graphical charts in the left column and numerical cards in the right column, or Reversed columns, which is numerical cards in the left column and graphical charts in the right column.
- In the Charts and Cards sections, select which tiles you want to appear in the dashboard. At least one of each must be selected.
- Click Save.
Hover your mouse pointed over a tile, and then click and hold to move the tile up or down in its column.
Customizing a Graph
You can customize the data that is shown in the graphs and detail lists on the tiles.
To customize the data shown in the graph
Click on any item in the graph legend. Each item is a toggle. The default is all items shown in the graph.
To customize the details list
- In any tile with a graph, click Filter ().
- In the Details section, select the data columns you want to appear and clear the data columns you do not want to appear. You can select up to 5 columns. Columns with an asterisk are required and cannot be cleared.
- Click Save.
The choices you make here are "sticky." That is, if you leave the Insights page and return later, the choices you made will still be in place.