In the Admin Console Enterprise Settings tabs, we've made updates to two of our main tabs: (1) Security and (2) Content & Sharing!
Improvements and Impact for Admins:
- 1) Faster page load time for both tabs.
- Impact: Page load previously took almost 20 secs or more. The average page load time for these tabs will now be less than 3 seconds.
- 2) Cleaner UX overall, with improved overall layout, a more intuitive ordering of the sections, easier to understand descriptions, tooltips, and Learn More links.
- Impact: This new setup and UX will help admins better understand what they're setting up and how different settings are grouped together.
- 3) Save button sticky at top right of page (versus at the very bottom of a long page).
- Impact: This will help avoid admins leaving the page without saving any changes that were made.
- 4) Top of each tab has a description of page and Learn More link.
- Impact: Clarity on what admins will find on each tab and easy access to specific Community resources.
- 5) Sticky header that shows which tab you're on even as you scroll the page.
- Impact: Improved navigation across the entire Enterprise Settings section of the Admin Console.
- This is v1 of these improvements. Please continue to share feedback so that we can make more improvements to these pages in Q2 as well.
- In Q2, we'll also be tackling another set of tabs in the Admin Console to make similar UX and functionality improvements.
- Updates to all of the associated Community pages will be coming in May.
Example of new UX and layout for the two updated Enterprise Settings tabs: