Box enables you to view the status and details of the reports you've run in the past seven days.
To see information about the reports you've run during the past seven days:
- In the left sidebar of the Admin Console click Reports. Box displays the Reports window.
- At the top of the Reports window, click Report Status. Here you can see
- local start date and start time,
- reason for error.
- To see your completed reports, go to your Box reports folder.
Reports available in the Report Status
Not all of your reports are visible in the Report Status. Box is currently migrating all reports to a new highly efficient and reliable data platform. We are performing this migration incrementally, which means that only the reports that have moved to the new data platform appear in the report status. Currently, the following reports appear in your report status:
- User Details report
- User Activity report
- User Statistics report
- Shared link report (in some cases)
- Geographic activity report
- Watch this space for updated reports.
Your report can have the following status:
- Pending — You have initiated the report, but it is not yet added to the queue.
- In Progress — Your report is in the queue, and Box is processing it.
- Uploading — Your report is processed, and Box is now uploading the report as a .csv file.
- Completed — Your report is complete. You can now view it in your reports folder.
- Failed — Your report failed to complete. To see the reason for the report's failure, hover on the failed report's row.
Note: If the status of your report does not update in 24 hours, or has been in a Pending status for 24 hours, please contact Product Support.
To see the reason for a report's failure, hover on the failed report's row. The failure can be due to:
- Box-related issues
- Customer-side issues
Sorting your reports
Box enables you to choose how to sort your reports. Currently, you can sort your reports according to when their statuses changed.
To sort reports by when their statuses changed:
- At the top of the Updated column, click Updated.