Streamline authentication and user management by integrating Box with your SSO provider. Work with a Box expert to learn best practices for user provisioning and group management. Partner to set up the SSO connection, and have support in testing and deploying the connection.
The following questions are critical and will be asked of you ahead of kicking off this module. Be sure to read these and prepare your answers before beginning work on this topic!
- What Identity Provider (IdP) are you looking to connect to Box?
- Is this a new SSO connection, or replacing an existing one?
- Have you thought about what your user provisioning strategy for Box will be? If so, please elaborate.
- Do you have a resource in place that will be able to create the connection between Box and your IdP?
In addition to your Box admin(s) and project team, you'll need to bring the following stakeholders to meetings related to this module:
- Identity management administrator
Looking for more information before starting this module, or want to use your credits elsewhere? No problem. Take a look at some of our do-it-yourself resources around this topic:
- Anticipated customer time commitment: 3-5 hours
- One session to either:
- Review the SSO overview (for new deployment scenarios)
- Review best practices for cutover (for SSO replacement scenarios)
- One session on best practices for provisioning/de-provisioning and group management
- One session to support configuring, testing and deploying SSO connection, and creation of personal folders
- At the end of this module, you will have:
- An established SSO connection to Box’s service provider
- Best practices to support automation of user provisioning/de-provisioning