Box gives admins an automated and reliable way to schedule reports. Admins can set schedules for running specific reports, minimizing the work of having to run reports manually.
Platform Activity, Outbound Activity, and Security Logs reports, as well as reports not run from Reports, Legal Holds and Retention reports, cannot currently be scheduled.
Report content and scheduling
The data included in the report depends on the report filters.
- If the report filters include a date filter, such filter allows you to include data from a selected time frame.
For example, a scheduled monthly report set to start on July 1st with a date filter of Last Month will include data for June 1st - July 1st. Next month, it will run on August 1st and include data from July 1st - August 1st.
- If the report filters do not include a date filter, the report provides a snapshot of data as of the day it is run.
For example, a scheduled monthly report set to start on July 1st will provide data as of July 1st. Next month, the report will include data from August 1st, and so on.
See the Running Reports for the breakdown of report types and details on what you can configure for each report.
To schedule a report:
- Create a report as described in the To run a report that can be scheduled and its configuration saved procedure in Running Reports.
- Enable the Save these settings to use in the future switch in the Save Report Filters section.
- Enter a name for the saved report configuration.
- Click Schedule report.
- Specify the timeframe when the report will run:
- Start date specifies the date on which the report will be run for the first time.
- Repeat Every specifies the time interval. You can choose your report to run weekly, monthly, yearly, or once only.
- End date to specifies when is the last day the report will be run.
- Click Save.
- Click Schedule.