Editing office files with office online using box api
How can i edit office document using box api. I want the same feature that box is offering "open file with office online".
Thanks for your reply Rob, however we are in the process of developing a software solution for a client which utilizes the Box Rest API to provide full cloud storage to our solution. In essence the user might not even know Box existed in the backend. I get the full file details throught the files api with the download url ect... I have Box edit installed but how do I open the file, without downloading it first, with Box edit for online editing?
Just wanted to share a quick update - we just launched the GA of the Open With element with support for Google Docs, Adobe Sign and Box Edit (aka editing via desktop applications). Thought you might find this interesting.Here are a few resources to help you get started:
Please reach out to us via https://support.box.com if you have any questions / feedback / issues you run into. Thanks for reading!
- Blog post
- Developer Documentation
- Box Elements Demos (includes Open With)
To open files with Box Edit:
- Right-click a file or click the ellipsis (...) to open the More Options menu.
- Click Open With... If there is more than one application with which you can open the file, you will have the option to select the appropriate application.
You can also open and edit documents after previewing them. To open files with Box Edit from the preview screen:
- Click the file to open it in preview
- Click Open. If there is more than one application with which you can open the file, you will have the option to select the appropriate application.
Please sign in to leave a comment.