I am working on a Box enterprise integration for a client and, for that purpose, I created a Dev account which I'm trying to use for webhooks in order to receive notifications about files/folders updates.
I started with Webhooks v1. Here's what I did:
- Set up the webhook v1 using a valid HTTPS URL
- Configured my URL to accept both GET and POST, and to log every request to a file
- I went into Box UI (the regular browser UI after I log into my Box account) and made changes to the 2 folders in my account: created subfolders, uploaded files, copied files, and so on.
- So far I haven't received any webhook notification
I played around with the config (did so many things that it's hard to remember now), went through the docs over and over again but nothing made the webhook work.
So I decided to try Webhooks v2. This is what I did:
- Created a new webhook v2 through the API. Got a successful response.
- Retrieved the newly created webhook through the API. Also okay.
- Went into Box IU again and made changes to the folder for which I created the webhook.
- Did not even get a beep from webhooks. No notifications whatsoever.
Either I'm not seeing the elephant in the room (missing some steps) or this webhook stuff is not working properly. Could you help me out?
Please sign in to leave a comment.