While non-modifiable retention policies can only be retired, modifiable retention policies can be deleted. When a modifiable retention policy is deleted, the following happens to any files the policy applied to:
- Files in Trash: If any files are subject to any other retention policy, that policy is applied.
- Files not in Trash: No effect. The files may be subject to other retention policies, in which case those policies apply when those files are deleted by users.
To delete a retention policy:
- Go to Admin Console > Governance.
- Click the Retention tab.
- Click the name of a modifiable retention policy.
- Click More Options ( ), and then click Delete Policy.
- In the Delete Policy confirmation dialog box, click Delete.