Because non-modifiable retention policies are designed to meet regulatory requirements such as FINRA, their configuration cannot be changed once the polices are enabled. The exception is that folders, metadata, and classification labels can be added to retention policies. This enables customers who onboard their business users to Box in phases to add those business units to existing retention policies, rather than having to create separate policies with identical configuration. When you add a classification label to a retention policy, all files with that classification label applied are subject to the retention policy. This topic explains how to add classification labels to a retention policy.
- Go to Admin Console > Governance.
- Click the Retention tab.
- Click the name of a retention policy that is applied to classification labels to view its details.
- Click Add Classification ().
- Search for and select one or more additional classification labels.
- Click Select.
- Click Save.
- In the Retention Policy Warning dialog box, click any necessary confirmation check boxes, and then click Start Policy.