Retention policies are designed to meet regulatory requirements such as FINRA and, when configured properly, enable customers to meet compliance and regulatory requirements. This means once retention is applied to content, it CANNOT be removed or shortened, which means the policy's Time Period and Apply Policy To settings cannot be changed, and folders CANNOT be removed.
- Go to Admin Console > Governance.
- Click the Retention tab.
- Click Create Retention Policy.
- Enter the retention policy details. For more information, see the Retention Tab section in Governance Settings.
- Click Next.
- In the Apply Policy To setting:
- If you selected Content within specific folders, click Select Folders, and then select one or more folders.
- If you selected Content with specific metadata, click Select Metadata, and then select one or more metadata items.
When a folder-specific retention policy is created, the retention policy will be applied to any individual files from within the specified folder that are already in the trash. The retention policy will not be applied to any subfolders from within the specified folder that are already in the trash.