You can edit both modifiable and non-modifiable retention policies. However, for a non-modifiable retention policy, you can only:
- Edit its name and description
- Add folders to it
- Lengthen its duration
For modifiable retention policies, you can also:
See Modifiable and Non-modifiable Retention for details.
Non-modifiable retention policies are designed to meet regulatory requirements such as FINRA and, when configured properly, enable customers to meet compliance and regulatory requirements. This means once retention is applied to content by a non-modifiable retention policy, it CANNOT be removed or shortened, which means the policy's Time Period and Apply Policy To settings cannot be changed, and folders CANNOT be removed.
- Go to Admin Console > Governance.
- In the Retention tab, locate the policy you want to edit, and click on it. The policy details screen displays.
- Next to the Retention Policy Details section, click Edit.
- Make the changes you want, then click Save.
Note To verify that your retention policy is in fact applied, in your admin console click Reports > Create Report and then navigate to User Activity > Policies > Retention Policy Applied.