If you're an admin of Business Plus or above accounts, you have the ability to log in as one of your managed users from the admin console. To do this:
- Log in to Box and at in the left pane click Admin Console.
- Click Users & Groups.
- Click the user's name > Log in to this account.
The instant log in ability is one of the most powerful tools at your disposal as an admin you can use it for actions such as:
- Restoring data that appears in a managed user's trash
- Changing the owner of one of your managed user's folders
- Checking the settings of a user -- for example, if they say they are not receiving email notifications
- All actions you make while logged in as a managed user are attributed to you in administrative reports.
- For security purposes, if a managed user is collaborating on content owned by an external user, an admin cannot use Instant Login or Content Manager to access this content.