Although only one main admin of a Business or Enterprise account can exist, you have the opportunity to grant co-admin privileges to as many users as you like.
Co-admins have access to the Admin Console, and are able to perform many of the same actions as the main account admin. The Understanding Administrator and Co-Administrator Permissions article provides details about the co-admin's role and permissions.
To grant a user co-admin permissions:
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin Console.
- In the lefthand navigation, click Users and Groups.
- Click on the user you want to switch to co-admin. Box displays details about this user's account.
In the Edit User Access Permissions section, check Co-Admin, and then select the subset of granular permissions you want to grant this user:
The Co-Admin privileges are:
- Manage users: Add new users or edit existing user information and access levels (checked by default).
- Manage groups: Create new groups, assign group admins, or edit existing groups (checked by default).
- View user’s content: Access any managed user’s files and folders (read-only access).
- Edit user’s content: Modify any managed user’s files and folders.
- Log in to users' accounts: Log in to any managed user’s account.
- View settings and apps for your company: Read-only access to your organization’s settings and applications.
- Edit settings and apps for your company: Modify your organization’s settings and applications.
- Run new reports and access existing reports: Access existing reports and create new reports for your enterprise.
- View policies set up for your company: Read-only access to existing policies for your organization.
- Create, edit, and delete policies for your company: Create, modify, or delete your organization policies.
- View automations set up for your company: Read-only access to existing automation processes for your organization.
- Create, edit, and delete automations for your company: Create, modify, or delete your organization's automation processes.
- Create and edit metadata templates for your company: Create and modify metadata templates used throughout your organization.
Edit Sign permissions for your company: View and modify Sign permission settings used for your organization.
Edit Sign legal settings for your company: View and modify Sign legal settings used for your organization.
- Click Save to confirm these changes.
See Understanding Administrator and Co-Administrator Permissions for more information.
Note Business Plus and Enterprise users have the ability to selectively choose which co-admin permissions to assign to a user. Business accounts do not have this option, and have only the ability to designate someone as a co-admin.