When you delete a collaborated folder that you are not the owner of from your Box Sync folder on your desktop, you will receive a pop-up message that asks whether you would like to "Unsync" or "Delete" the folder. You will receive this prompt each time you remove a collaborated folder unless you check the "Always Delete" box. From that point, content will always be deleted if removed from the Box Sync folder. If you change your mind however, it is possible to reset this.
- Windows 10
Steps to Resolve:
- Uninstall and reinstall Box Sync. If you do not want to uninstall and reinstall, follow along from step 2 onward.
- Quit Box Sync.
- Navigate to the Sync.db file.
- Windows: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Box Sync\Sync.db
- Mac: Macintosh HD > Users > USERNAME > Library > Application Support > Box > Box Sync > Sync.db
- Open the Sync.db file with a compatible program.
- If you do not have one installed, we recommend DB Browser for SQLite.app. The next steps will be using that programs UI.
- Click on "Browse Date" in the top row of the UI.
- From the "Table" menu, select "preferences".
- Delete the record "auto_answered_delete_or_unsync_folder" by right-clicking and selecting "Delete Record".
- Click File > Write Changes.
- Restart Box Sync.
The next time you attempt to remove a collaborated folder from Box Sync, you will again see the prompt to "Delete" or "Unsync".