Occasionally Box Sync may not launch automatically on your Mac. There are several ways to notice this:
- Box Sync icon not appearing in your Task Bar:
- You should see the b Box Sync icon
- Box Sync icons not appearing in your Box Sync folder:
- You will see the blue checkmark icon if Box Sync is running:
- Updates your collaborators are making are not appearing in your Box Sync folder.
macOS machines with Box Sync installed
Typically, this issue occurs because Box Sync is not listed as a Login Item and macOS does not know to start the application immediately on startup. To check whether it is:
- Open your System Preferences.
- Select Users & Groups.
- Your user profile should be highlight toward the left under Current User.
- Select Login Items. You will see a list like this:
You should see Box Sync listed. Leave this Login Items window open. If you don't or if it has any odd icons off to the right then do the following:
- Open your Applications folder.
- Find the Box Sync application.
- Drag & drop that Box Sync application into the list of applications in the Login Items window.
You should then see Box Sync in the list (as seen in the above screenshot) and Box Sync will now launch automatically. You can test this by restarting your computer.