Box File Request gives you a fast and secure way to request files and associated metadata from anyone. Using an easy, drag-and-drop graphic interface, you create a web form that enables you to:
- Securely request files from anyone, no matter whether they have a Box account, without adding collaborators on a folder.
- Solicit additional information with metadata form fields, which you can set as required/optional.
- Enable extra security and tracking with link settings.
- Kick off automated workflows using Box Relay.
When you finish building your File Request form, you get a link to send out. The link takes people to the form you built. From here they simply drag and drop the requested files to upload them, and enter any additional information you specify. They don’t need to be logged into Box, or even have a Box account.
You must have a Box Business Plan to build a File Request form. However, no one needs a Box account to access the finished form and upload content. It’s ideal for any business process centered around content submission, such as:
- Gathering documents from new hires before their first day (resident verification, social security cards, and so on)
- New vendors submitting invoices with a W-9 to get paid
- Requesting campaign photos from an external agency and organizing them based on metadata attributes
- Engineers needing to send global suppliers a link to upload large engineering specs and notify the team to begin work
- Banking agents entering metadata on all client documents (such as client ID and client name) when a new client submits onboarding documents
File Request works with any file type that Box supports.