We are excited to launch a Box Sync uninstaller with Box Drive v2.4 for both Windows and Mac! .
This release also includes other enhancements:
- Clicking on Drive system notifications on Windows now opens the Search Bar.
- Notifications have been turned off on problem items that result in files or folders not displaying in Box Drive. This includes notifications about unsupported characters. You can still view these problem items in the problem item menu accessible via the Search Bar in the Box Drive menu.
We have also resolved the following bugs:
- Windows error when opening PowerShell from File Explorer in Box Drive.
- Sporadic failures when attempting to open an Excel sheet that was marked for offline access while the user is online. Users had been seeing this error: Excel cannot open the file
because the file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.
- Poor performance when users were attempting to browse through their Box Drive folders while Drive was receiving many collaboration change events for that user. As a result, users were unable to see the full contents of some folders until they waited a considerable amount of time.
- Drive now blocks sedsvc.exe from accessing Box Drive content. This Windows process was autonomously downloading large amounts of users file trees without any action on the part of the user; this resulted in poor Drive performance and degraded machine performance. This process was added to improve Windows 10 Update Service components and was added in reliability update KB4023057 .