We released a new update for Box Drive (v2.17) with the following feature enhancements:
- Support for searching for content in a folder - Users will be able to quickly find the content they are looking for in Box Drive, by scoping the search to a specific folder. With this feature, users will be able to navigate to a folder in Box Drive and search for content only in that folder thereby having more granular search capabilities on Box Drive. Users can initiate a search in a specific folder from:
- Finder/File Explorer - User can navigate to a folder in Box Drive, right-click on the folder and choose “Search in this Folder” option. This will open the Box Drive Search UI with the folder preselected.
- Box Drive Search UI - User can open the Box Drive Search user interface and click on the folder with the search icon image to choose a folder to search within.
- Quickly open the Box folder from the Search UI - Users will be able to open the Box folder in Finder/File Explorer by clicking on the folder image in the Box Drive Search UI.
- Updates to Windows Search UI - The Search bar in the Windows Box Drive Search UI has been moved to the top of the UI, making it easier for users to enter a search query and consume the results.
- Unblocking Box Drive access on macOS 11 - With this release users will be able to run Box Drive on macOS 11 BigSur. This release will only unblock access for Box Drive (note that official OS support will not come until macOS 11 is generally available).
Search in this Folder option in context menu
Search in folder option in Search UI