Before starting data migration and analysis, you must configure the source system.
Ensure that you are logging into Box as an administrator or co-administrator. When migrating from an on-premises system like a file server, Box Shuttle is configured by installing a small Windows app that runs in the background of your server and grants access to analyze and migrate your data. When migrating from cloud sharing tools, configuration is as simple as authenticating into your source tools as an administrator.
- Existing Systems lists already authenticated and configured source systems. There is no need for additional configuration.
- New Systems lists the source systems that require additional set up before you can use them in the migration process.
For information on how to set up a particular source system, use the following references. For details on standard and advanced sources, see Box Shuttle standard and advanced tooling.
Standard Shuttle sources
- Google Drive
- Sharepoint Online
- OneDrive for Business
- Dropbox for Business
Advanced Shuttle sources
Source system authorization status
Depending on the authorization outcome, the process can have one of the following statuses:
- Authenticated: authorization was successful and the source system is ready to use.
- Pending: authorization is in progress.
- Failed: authorization failed
- Disconnected: system was disconnected. In some cases, you might need to re-authorize the system to connect.
The following guides will help you to perform the migration process:
- Jobs Dashboard to get the starting point.
- Data analysis if you want to analyze your source system data
- Data-only migration if you want to create a job that migrates your data only
- Data migration with permissions if you want to create a job that migrates data along with permissions such as folder or file ownership