When trying to access a Box folder in a Salesforce record, the following error appears:
Two things can cause this error:
- The Box folder associated with this particular Salesforce record has been deleted.
- The Box user was deleted and recreated
In order to resolve this error when it is caused by the first scenario, the particular folder (Object/Record) that is tied to the error will need to be recovered from the Box Service account's Trash. The Admin can login to the Box Service account and access the Trash in order to restore the particular folder(s) that is producing the error.
To resolve this error when the Box user has been deleted and recreated, remove the association between the old Box user and the record folders using the Salesforce Developer Toolkit.
- Find the Salesforce user ID for the affected user.
- Go to Setup > Administer > Manage Users > Users.
- Open up the affected user.
- The ID is contained in the URL of the User detail page you are currently on and can be found in the browser URL. Example: For URL "https://na1.salesforce.com/00530000000ibYc," the unique Salesforce User ID is: '00530000000ibYc.'
- In the top right of your window, click on Your Name > Developer Console.
- Select Debug > Open Execute Anonymous Window.
- Run box.Toolkit.deleteUserAssociation('SFDC_User_ID');
- Be sure to include the single quotes, replace [SFDC_User_ID] with the appropriate ID, and include the semicolon at the end of the script