The Box Folder/Salesforce Record relationship is maintained by an object in Salesforce called FRUP. A single FRUP record includes a Box folder ID and its associated record ID in Salesforce. It also keeps track of individual users (Box and Salesforce), and their access to the folder/record relationship.
FRUP records maintain the relationship between a Salesforce record and its record folder on Box (i.e., for an Account record named "Account 1", the record folder path on Box is Salesforce > Accounts > Account 1).
The FRUP records within your Salesforce instance can shed light on errors you may receive within the integration.
Please follow the steps below to generate a FRUP record report; you'll need to System Administrator access to Salesforce to perform these steps:
- Gather the record ID that is referenced in the error message (it will look something like 0066000001MFX1j). You can locate this by navigating to the record that is displaying the error and the record ID will show at the end of the URL.
- Click on "Setup"
- Navigate to "Create > Objects"
- Click "Edit" by the "FRUP" object
- Click "Allow Reports" and Save
- Click the "Reports" tab from your All Tabs menu
- Click "New Report..."
- Search for FRUP within the Report Type list and click Create
- In the Show field select: "All frup"
- From the fields on the left, double click "FRUP: ID", "Box user", "CollaborationID", "Folder ID", "Record ID", and "Salesforce User" to add these columns to the report.
- Run the report
You can then export this report and name it.
Ensure you provide this exported FRUP report to a Box Support agent for further review. Use our Contact Support option to open a case with our User Services team if you do not already have one open.