How do I contact Box Support and what do I need to share? Check out the information below:
Contacting Box Product Support
In order to get your support request or question addressed as quickly and efficiently as possible, here are the recommended steps to follow:
- First, search by keyword in the Help forums to see if your issue has previously been addressed.
- If you do not see a similar issue, submit a request from the Help section of our community. You'll find the link in the right hand sidebar, or click here. We offer multiple channels to contact our support team.
- Include as much detail as possible when filling out your support request. Make sure to address all of the questions below:
- What is the problem?
- Is this happening just to you or other users in your office?
- Is it happening in multiple browsers?
- Are you using a Mac or PC?
- Is this problem related to Box Sync or Box Edit?
- Yes: be sure to attach the sync or edit logs from your computer.
- No: be sure to attach screenshots of your problem. Screenshots are the most helpful resource you can provide when describing your problem.
- What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?
Contacting Box Product Support via Chat
To contact a member of the Box Product Support team via you must be signed into the community. Depending on your account type and the availability of an agent, the chat option should appear.
Granting Temporary Access to your Box Account
If you submit a ticket to Box, a Box Product Support Representative may ask for temporary access into your Box account in order to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the steps below to grant your representative temporary access to your account:
- From within your Box account, open the Account menu by clicking your profile picture (or initials) in the top right corner
- Click Account Settings
- On the Diagnostics tab, in the section labelled Access to your Account, click Grant Access.
This will grant Box Product Support access for five days. You can revoke access at any time by clicking the Revoke Access button. If an agent needs to test behavior, any actions taken by the agent will be shown in the User Activity report.