In order to use Box Edit to open and edit files stored in Box, you may need to verify that Box Tools is installed and running on your computer. If Box Tools is not detected on your machine, you may bprompted to first install Box Tools
How to check if Box Tools is installed
- On the Start menu, enter Control Panel in the search box and select Control Panel from the results.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features, and then verify that Box Tools is listed.
- On the menu bar, click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac
- Select Overview > System Report...
- On the left-hand panel, navigate to Software > Applications, and verify that Box Edit and Box Local Com Server is listed.
How to check if Box Tools is running
- Open Task Manager in one of the following ways:
- On theStart menu, enter Task Manager in the search box and select Task Manager from the results.
- Press< Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click the Task Manager option.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Right click the taskbar and select the Task Manager option.
- In the Processes tab, verify that Box Edit and Box Local Com Windows Service are listed.
- Open Spotlight search by clicking the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the menu bar, or press Command-Space bar
- Enter Activity Monitor in the search bar and select Activity Monitor from the results.
- In Activity Monitor, verify that Box Edit and Box Local Com Server are listed.