You can insert images into Box Notes by dragging and dropping them from your desktop, or by inserting a Box shared link for an image stored on Box.
Insert an image in one of two ways:
- Drag and drop an image from your desktop into a Box Note. This is the fastest and easiest way.
- Click the upload icon (up arrow) in the toolbar, and choose either Upload image from your computer or Insert image from Box shared link.
When you use the Upload image from your computer option, Box stores images in a Box folder in the same directory as the Box Note. The folder is named "Box Notes Images", and inside the folder is a specific folder named after the title of your Box Note. Box inserts images into Box Notes using shared links with your account's default access type. If you are sharing a Box Note with someone outside your company, you may need to adjust the access level of the images' shared links for the images to appear.
When you use the Insert image from Box shared link option, you must use a Box shared link to an image stored on Box. Box Notes does not support external links and non-shared links.
Supported image formats:
Box Notes supports the following image file types:
When you click on an image, Box displays a dot in the middle of each side of the image, and at each corner of the image. Use these dots to resize your images.
When you resize an image, Box maintains the image's proportions.
To resize an image:
- Click the image.
- Do one of the following:
- On the left or right side of the image, click and hold on the dot, then drag the cursor horizontally.
- On the top or bottom side of the image, click and hold on the dot, then drag the cursor vertically.
- On one of the corners of the image, click and hold on the dot, then drag the cursor diagonally.
- When the image is the size you want, release the mouse button.