The Box for G Suite integration provides access to G Suite’s content creation features – creating, collaboratively editing, and auto-saving documents in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides – seamlessly, from directly within Box. You can:
- Create, open, and edit Google documents right from Box.
- Use G Suite’s real-time editing tools and auto-save changes directly back to Box, eliminating the need for re-uploading content
- Invite and work with others in real-time, and track all changes in Box
- Access version history and commenting features both in Google editors and in Box
- Make use of Box’s 7 different permission levels and ensure your content is protected by Box security, compliance, and governance
- Open and edit Microsoft Office documents using G Suite editors within Box, and have all changes saved directly back to Box in its original file format.
Here's a brief overview:
For enterprises, the Box Admin must turn on the integration for the enterprise. If Box for GSuite has been enabled in your organization, you can begin using it right away.
For non-enterprise individual accounts, you must turn on the integration in your Box account settings.
For links to detailed instructions, please see the Related Links section, below.
- Upgrading your Box for G Suite integration
- Enabling the Box for G Suite integration for Your Enterprise
- Using Box for G Suite
- Understanding Security and Compliance with Box for G Suite
- Using Box Drive for G Suite
- Box also connects with the other two major editing suites: