If your admin allows email uploads for your Business or Enterprise, you can easily upload files or send attachments to a specific Box folder by email when you enable the Allow uploads to this folder via email option. You can then forward email attachments or send files to the email address generated for that folder to upload your files.
This feature is not available to Starter accounts and Personal accounts.
If you decide to forward email attachments to the folder, only the attachments will be uploaded, not the content of the message.
Enabling email uploads for folders
If your admin enables email uploads for your deployment, you can enable email uploads on a per-folder basis.
To enable email uploads for a folder:
- In the All Files window, right-click the folder and select Settings.
- In the Uploading section, next to Email Uploads, check Allow uploads to this folder via email. Under Upload Email Address, Box displays a unique email address. To upload files into the folder, send files to this address. You can copy this email address to your clipboard and enter it as a contact in your email address book, or simply paste it into the "To" line of an email with attachments.
- In the top-right corner of the window, click Save Changes.
- Upload via email only works for file attachments. Content in the body of an email is not uploaded to Box.
- The cumulative size of the message body and attachments (including signature) cannot exceed 50MB.
- Both the folder owner and sender will receive a notification that files were uploaded successfully.
- Collaborators will also receive a notification if upload notifications are enabled for the folder.
- Known issue: Email uploads of .msg/.eml files through Microsoft Outlook desktop application fail due to how Outlook handles attachment of these file extensions. As a workaround, it is recommended that you compress these attachment types into a zip file before emailing.