When using the Email Upload to a Folder feature in Box, it is possible that the file you attach will not be successfully uploaded. When an email upload to a folder fails, you will receive an email notification to alert you.
- Are forbidden characters in the file name?
- Is another item with the same file name in the folder? If so:
- see whether "Overwrite files with the same name" is checked in the target folder settings, and
- see whether the existing item is locked, as this combination leads to failed uploads.
- Is the sender email address associated with an unconfirmed Box account?
- To find out, try to log in to the Box Web Application.
- Is the target folder owner an active Box Account?
- Does the Box account of the target folder owner have available storage?
If you can't access the above information, or if you can and everything seems in order, please open a ticket with Box User Services and we will help investigate further.
Here is what we need from you:
- The email address from which the email was sent
- The target folder's email address
- The file name you attempted to upload
- A date/timestamp (including time zone) of when the email was sent