As a troubleshooting step for Box Tools, Box User Services may request that you Enable Local Com Debugging. If you have the MSI version of Box Tools installed, you will have to turn Local Com debugging on by doing the following:
- Open the Registry Editor (Regedit).
- Navigate to:
- On x64 environment: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Box > Box Local Com Service
- On x86 environment: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Box > Box Local Com Service
- Edit (create if not created) DebugLogging value and set it to 1.
- Restart Box Local Com Server.
- Run services.msc.
- Find Box Local Com Service.
- Click Restart link at the left pane.