External users are collaborators from outside your organization. From an administrative perspective, these are people who have been invited to collaborate on your company's content. External users can be granted the same collaborator access and sharing rights as managed users, but your control over the content they own and their security settings are limited.
To view and manage the external users associated with your account, follow this procedure:
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin Console.
- Click Users & Groups.
- Under the External Users tab, locate the user to edit and click More Options.
- From the drop-down menu, you have the following options:
- Change User Settings: Use this option to change the access level that this user has to folders in your account as well as add this user to additional folders.
- Remove User from All Folders: Use this option to remove the user as a collaborator from any folder owned by you or any managed users in your account.
- Invite to Join as Managed User: Use this option to send an email invitation to the user to join your account as a managed user, with a prompt to either accept or deny. This option will not appear for users who are currently part of another Business or Enterprise account.
*If you have any questions, please feel free to submit a support case to our Product Support team, submit a ticket here