Only the current admin of a Business or Enterprise account can transfer administrative privileges to another user.
- Go to Admin Console > Users and Groups.
- Click the Managed Users tab.
- Click on your name (which should be denoted as ADMIN).
- Open the Role and Access Permissions section if it is not already expanded.
- In the Role field, click Change account admin.
- In the Current Admin field (which should be you), select a new role. You can either set yourself to be a Co-Admin, which will allow you to retain some administrative control of the account, or as a general user on the account, which will remove your access to the Admin Console.
- In the New Admin field, enter the name of the managed user that will be the new Box account administrator.
- Click Save Changes.
The existing administrator will receive a email notification to verify the change. The admin transfer will not occur until verified by the existing admin.
- If your previous admin has left your organization and you do not have access to their Box account, you will need to submit a support ticket to first authorize your request.
- Please refer to Admin Transfer Protocol for Departed Admins for more information.