As the current admin of a Business or Enterprise account, you can transfer administrative privileges to another user by following these steps:
- Log in to the current primary admin's box account and navigate to the Admin Console.
- In the lefthand navigation, click Users and Groups.
- Locate your account in the list of users and click on your name. The Edit User Account Details section displays.
Scroll down to display Edit User Access Permissions section.
- In the Edit User Access Permissions section click Change account admin.
- Select a new admin either by typing in a user in the account's email, or by choosing the contact icon to see a list of contacts
- Choose your new role in the account. You can either set yourself to be a Co-Admin, which will allow you to retain some administrative control of the account, or as a general user on the account, which will remove your access to the Admin Console.
- Scroll down and click Save to apply these changes.
- If your previous admin has left your organization and you do not have access to their Box account, you will need to submit a support ticket to first authorize your request.
- Please refer to Admin Transfer Protocol for Departed Admins for more information.