As the current Box admin of a Business or Enterprise account, you can change the Admin role to another managed user account.
- This task can be performed only by the current Box Admin for your organization, logged in as the Box Admin.
- If you have at least one verified domain, then the email addresses of both the current administrator and the managed user who will be assigned the Admin role must be members of those domains.
- While logged in as your organization's Box account Admin, go to Admin Console > Users and Groups.
- Click the Managed Users tab.
- Click your Admin account in the list of users (it will have the value Admin in the Role column).
- In the Role and Access Permissions section, click Edit.
- In the Role field, click the Change Account Admin link.
- In the Select Your Role field, select a new role. You can either set yourself to be a Co-Admin, which will allow you to retain some administrative control of the account, or as a general user on the account, which will remove your access to the Admin Console.
- In the New Admin field, enter the name of the managed user that will be the new Box account administrator.
- Click Save.
The existing administrator will receive an email notification to verify the change. The admin transfer will not occur until verified by the existing admin.
- If your previous admin has left your organization and you do not have access to their Box account, you will need to submit a support ticket to first authorize your request.
- Please refer to Admin Transfer Protocol for Departed Admins for more information.
Legacy Design Differences
- In step 3, the Admin indicator is next to your username.
- You will not need to perform step 4.
- In step 5, the field is named Account admin and is in the Edit User Access permissions section.