Just as Amazon and Netflix recommend items you may want, Box automatically surfaces relevant 3rd-party applications you may want to use to take action on a file, directly from Box Preview. This saves time you might otherwise spend searching for an application and figuring out how it works with Box. It also makes it easier and faster to access a 3rd-party app's functionality. In Box, this is called Recommended Apps.
It's simple to configure Box to recommend 3rd-party apps to each Box account holder in your organization, based on an app's availability in your organization and on its frequency of use and relevance to each individual.
To enable recommended apps for all Box account holders throughout your organization
- From your Admin Console, navigate to Apps > Box Apps & Integrations tab.
- Scroll down to the Recommended Apps section and click the Enable Recommended Apps for All Users slider to move it to the right.
- Click a button to specify which apps you want Box to recommend. Do this based on your organization's individual application controls. You have 2 options:
- enable only 3rd-party apps that are added by default.
- enable 3rd-party apps that are both added by default and available.
Recommended Apps is on by default for apps you and/or your Box account holders have added explicitly. To configure Box to recommend additional apps -- that is, apps that have not been added explicitly -- use the second option, above. When you do this, Recommended Apps may also display apps that are available in the Individual Application Controls section. These apps display based on a variety of factors, such as how often and how recently each individual has used them.
You can turn off Recommended Apps for your entire organization by clearing the Enable recommended apps for all users box. This does not change any of the settings in the Individual Application Controls section.
- To configure which apps display in Recommended Apps, turn on Integrations in the Individual Application Controls section.
- To view which apps are included in Recommended Apps, click Filter. From the list that displays click Origin, and then click App originates in Box.
- To turn on an integration and display it in Recommended Apps, hover over the app you want, then click Configure. Then, in the Additional Configuration section, turn the integration on.
Box displays up to 5 recommended apps at a time. If Box recommends more than 5 apps, it displays an ellipsis (...) below the 5th app. Click the ellipsis to view more recommendations.