Box Sign is now available on all business (Business , Business Plus) and enterprise (Enterprise, Enterprise Plus, Enterprise Suites) plans. Box will notify customers before Box Sign becomes available on Starter plans.
When someone sends you a document for signature through Box Sign, Box sends you an emailed notification. To sign the document, you do not need to have a Box account — just open the email and read these instructions.
When signing a document, you can use three types of signature fields:
Starting in July 2022, Box assigns you a unique user ID (UUID) and displays this UUID in the signature, initials, and stamp fields. Your UUID is assigned only to you, and can be used to validate that your signature on documents is genuine.
Also in the signature, initials, and stamp fields, Box displays the signature request’s ID, which can help you track printed copies of the signature request.
Signing a document
When you receive a signature request, Box enables you to apply your signature to the document in one of four ways:
- apply a saved signature,
- manually draw your signature,
- type your signature,
- upload an image of your signature. Box supports GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and WEBP file types, with a size limit of 8 MB.
In addition to signing a document, Box also enables you to download the document or forward the request to someone else for signature.
For each signature request you receive, before signing, declining, downloading, or forwarding the document you'll need to accept terms for the transaction.
To sign, or decline to sign, a document you've received:
- In the emailed request, click Review document. Box displays the document, with associated terms and disclosures, at the top of the window.
- To review all the terms, click each of the following, in turn:
- Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure,
- Terms of Service, and
- If after reading the disclosure, terms, and policy you consent to the terms, check By checking this box you:
- Click Accept & Continue.
- Navigate the document with Back and Next.
- Click the Signature field. Box displays the signature window.
- In the signature window, click the location where you want to apply your signature. Box asks you to choose how you want to apply your signature:
- To apply a saved signature, click Saved.
- To manually write your signature, click Draw.
- To write your signature via keyboard, click Type.
To upload an image of your signature, click Upload, then select a file from your local system. Mobile signers have the option to take a picture of their signatures from their mobile device's camera and to upload.
Note for Stamp fields, signers can only Upload an image of their signature in the signature window.
- After you select the signature you like to use, click Adopt. To cancel your signature and try again, click Cancel. Adopting this signature adds your signature to the locations you selected.
- To add your signature to other locations, repeat Steps 6 and 7, above.
- To optionally download or print the document, in the right-hand sidebar click Download or Print then select the location where you want to save the document. IMPORTANT: clicking this button may save a copy of the document on a local disk.
- To optionally reassign your signing role for the document to someone else, in the right-hand sidebar, click Reassign Request, then specify the email address to which you want to reassign the request. Forwarding removes your ability to sign the document through Box Sign, and reassigns your role to the person to whom you forwarded the request.
- To complete your signature, after adding your signature to the document, click Sign & Finish from the top right-hand corner of the window or at the bottom of the document. To decline to sign, in the right-hand sidebar click Decline.
After the signing of the document is completed, Box sends you and other signers an emailed copy of the document you signed.
If the sender changes a signature request you've received and viewed but not yet signed, the next time you view the request, Box notifies you that the sender has changed the signature request.
If the sender is currently changing a signature request you're viewing or signing, Box notifies you that the request is currently unavailable because the sender is changing it.