When someone requests that you to sign a document through Box Sign, Box sends you an emailed notification. To sign the document, you do not need to have a Box account — just open the email and read these instructions.
Box enables you to sign the document in one of three ways:
- apply a saved signature,
- manually draw your signature,
- type your signature.
In addition to signing a document, Box also enables you to download the document or forward the request to someone else for signature.
Signing a document
For each signature request you receive, before signing, declining, downloading, or forwarding the document you'll need to accept terms for the transaction.
To sign, or decline to sign, a document you've received:
- In the emailed request, click Review document. Box displays the document, with associated terms and disclosures, at the top of the window.
- To review all the terms, click each of the following, in turn:
- Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure,
- Terms of Service, and
- If after reading the disclosure, terms, and policy you consent to the terms, check By checking this box you:
- Click Accept & Continue.
- Click the Signature field. Box displays the signature window.
- In the signature window, click the location where you want to apply your signature. Box asks you to choose how you want to apply your signature:
- To apply a saved signature, click Saved.
- To manually write your signature, click Draw.
- To write your signature via keyboard, click Type.
- After you select the signature you like to use, click Adopt. To cancel your signature and try again, click Cancel. Adopting this signature adds your signature to the locations you selected.
- To add your signature to other locations, repeat Steps 6 and 7, above.
- To optionally download or print the document, in the right-hand sidebar click Download or Print then select the location where you want to save the document. IMPORTANT: clicking this button may save a copy of the document on a local disk.
- To optionally reassign your signing role for the document to someone else, in the right-hand sidebar, click Forward, then specify the email address to which you want to forward the request. Forwarding removes your ability to sign the document through Box Sign, and reassigns your role to the person to whom you forwarded the request.
- To complete your signature, after adding your signature to the document, in the top right-hand corner of the window click Sign & Finish. To decline to sign, in the right-hand sidebar click Decline.
After the signing of the document is completed, Box sends you and other signers an emailed copy of the document you signed.