After you've sent a signature request, you may want to change it. Box enables you to change the following parts of a sent signature request:
- Add new recipients.
- Add new action fields to the signature request.
- Edit action fields in the signature request.
- If a specific recipient has not signed, you can:
- Change this recipient's email address, name, role, and authentication method.
- Remove this recipient. Removing a recipient also removes the recipient's access to the signature request.
- If no one has signed, you can: rename, remove, or replace the file you've sent for signature.
After a recipient has signed, you cannot change this recipient's configured role, signing order, email address, authentication method, and re-assignments. After all recipients have signed, you cannot change the signature request.
When a recipient tries to access or sign a request that you're currently changing, Box notifies the recipient that the signature request is unavailable because you're changing it.
To change a sent signature request:
- In your Sign window, hover over a sent signature request.
- Next to the signature request's name, click the ellipsis, "...".
- Click Make Changes. Box displays the main signature request window.
- In the right-hand sidebar:
- If no one has signed, to rename or replace the file, click Documents, then select an option.
- To modify or remove recipients who haven't signed, click Recipients, then make your changes.
- To add an action field, click Signatures & Fields, then drag-and-drop the action field onto the document preview.
- In the document preview:
- To modify an action field, click the field, then edit the field's properties.
- To remove an action field, click the field, then click the trash icon.
- After you've completed the change, click Save Changes in the top-right corner of the main signature request window.
Box then sends the updated signature request to all recipients whom you included, and notifies all original recipients that you've modified the request.